Garlic-Mushroom Turkey Slices Recipe
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/2 teaspoon paprika
- 3/4 teaspoon salt, divided
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper, divided
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 package (17.6 ounces) turkey breast cutlets
- 1/2 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3/4 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth
- 1/4 cup white wine or additional chicken broth
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1. In a large shallow dish, mix flour, oregano, paprika, 1/2 teaspoon salt and 1/8 teaspoon pepper. Dip cutlets in flour mixture to coat both sides; shake off excess.
- 2. In a large nonstick skillet, heat oil over medium heat. In batches, add turkey and cook 1-2 minutes on each side or until no longer pink. Remove from pan.
- 3. Add mushrooms, broth, wine, garlic and the remaining salt and pepper to pan; cook 4-6 minutes or until mushrooms are tender, stirring frequently. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Return turkey to pan; heat through, turning to coat with sauce. Yield: 4 servings.
4 ounces cooked turkey with 1/3 cup mushroom mixture equals 218 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 77 mg cholesterol, 440 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 34 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat, 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Garlic-Mushroom Turkey Slices
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.