It’s easy to dress up ribeyes with mushrooms and garlic for a special steak dinner. This recipe gives a stovetop method, but you can grill the steaks if you prefer.—Kelly Ward Hartman, Cape Coral, Florida
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 4 beef ribeye steaks (1 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 to 8 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons beef broth
- Sprinkle steaks with pepper and salt. In a large skillet, saute the
- steaks for 2 minutes on each side in 1 tablespoon butter or until
- meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer
- should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Remove
- and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, cook garlic in 1 tablespoon butter for 1 minute.
- Remove garlic and set aside. Add mushrooms to skillet; saute in
- remaining butter for 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in the broth.
- Bring to a boil; cook and stir over high heat until liquid is
- absorbed. Add reserved garlic. Serve with steaks. Yield: 4 servings.
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.