Garlic-Mushroom Ribeyes Recipe
- 4 beef ribeye steaks (1 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 to 8 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons beef broth
- 1. Sprinkle steaks with pepper and salt. In a large skillet, saute the steaks for 2 minutes on each side in 1 tablespoon butter or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Remove and keep warm.
- 2. In the same skillet, cook garlic in 1 tablespoon butter for 1 minute. Remove garlic and set aside. Add mushrooms to skillet; saute in remaining butter for 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in the broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir over high heat until liquid is absorbed. Add reserved garlic. Serve with steaks. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 632 calories, 48g fat (22g saturated fat), 165mg cholesterol, 305mg sodium, 6g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 1g fiber), 44g protein
Reviews for Garlic-Mushroom Ribeyes
"fantastic!! We also made the entire editors meal. This was a favorite!! Didn't change anything!"
"Delicious! I made this with the Rosemary Roasted Potatoes and Cauliflower Salad from the same issue."
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.