- 4 beef ribeye steaks (1 inch thick and 8 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- 4 to 8 garlic cloves, peeled and sliced
- 1 pound sliced fresh mushrooms
- 3 tablespoons beef broth
- Sprinkle steaks with pepper and salt. In a large skillet, saute the steaks for 2 minutes on each side in 1 tablespoon butter or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Remove and keep warm.
- In the same skillet, cook garlic in 1 tablespoon butter for 1 minute. Remove garlic and set aside. Add mushrooms to skillet; saute in remaining butter for 5 minutes or until tender. Stir in the broth. Bring to a boil; cook and stir over high heat until liquid is absorbed. Add reserved garlic. Serve with steaks. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Garlic-Mushroom Ribeyes in Taste of Home October/November 2005, p33
Full-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.
Reviews for Garlic-Mushroom Ribeyes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Nov. 11, 2013
Delicious! I made this with the Rosemary Roasted Potatoes and Cauliflower Salad from the same issue.
More Recipe Collections
- All Taste of Home Magazine Recipes >
- Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Beef Main Dishes >
- Beef Recipes >
- Dinner Recipes >
- Mushroom Main Dish Recipes >
- Mushroom Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinner Recipes >
- Quick Beef Dinners >
- Quick Dinner Recipes >