- 4 minutes. Add garlic; cook 2 minutes longer. Stir in mushrooms,
- potatoes, broth, wine, basil and beef. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat;
- cover and simmer for 1-1/4 hours. Uncover; simmer 20-30 minutes
- longer or until beef is tender.
- In a small saucepan, melt remaining butter. Stir in flour until
- smooth; gradually add cream. Bring to a boil; cook and stir for 2
- minutes or until thickened. Stir into stew; heat through. Sprinkle
- with cheese. Yield: 20 servings (1 cup each).
Nutritional Facts: 1 cup equals 336 calories, 16 g fat (8 g saturated fat), 100 mg cholesterol, 517 mg sodium, 18 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 27 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.