Garlic Mushroom Appetizer Recipe
My grandfather, who was a hotel chef for many years, created this recipe. He prepared these mushrooms for big family gatherings, and they always were gone quickly.
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 2 pounds fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 can (28 ounces) crushed tomatoes in puree, undrained
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1/2 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 bunch fresh parsley, finely chopped (about 1-1/2 cups)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- Sliced French bread
- 1. In a large saucepan, saute onion in oil and butter until crisp-tender. Add mushrooms; cook for 2 minutes or until vegetables are tender. Add the tomatoes, salt and pepper; cover and simmer for 20-30 minutes.
- 2. Stir in the vinegar, parsley and garlic. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes. Cover and refrigerate for several hours or overnight. To serve, spoon onto slices of French bread. Yield: 12-16 servings.
2 tablespoon: 118 calories, 9g fat (2g saturated fat), 6mg cholesterol, 240mg sodium, 8g carbohydrate (1g sugars, 2g fiber), 3g protein.
Reviews for Garlic Mushroom Appetizer
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC