- 8 medium red potatoes, quartered
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk, warmed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Place potatoes and garlic in a large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are very tender.
- Drain well. Add the butter, milk and salt; mash. Stir in cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Garlic Mashed Red Potatoes
Sort By :
"I didn't taste the garlic or parmesan in these potatoes, but it was still good."
"Didn't have Parmesan cheese, so I substituted it with hummus. My dad hates hummus. He usually hogs all of the food, so I thought that the addition would deter him, although I didn't tell him. It didn't. I still got the satisfaction of making him consume something that he so hated. 5 stars."
"Saut?ed the garlic in butter first. Then added milk. After it cools I add parm cheese& garlic butter mixture. I'm combining a recipe I'm recalling by memory w.this. Can put in a buttered oven safe pan & bake next day to heat&brown."
"My daughter and I made these for Thanksgiving dinner. Everyone loved them. We doubled the recipe because we were serving a crowd and wanted leftovers. We added more than double garlic to the water when boiling the potatoes, then removed some before we mashed them - didn't want the garlic flavor to overpower. They tasted great, had an appealing look, and went well with gravy."
"Fantastic! I love the use of red potatoes and parmesan in this recipe. I added a gentle splash of garlic."