Garlic Mashed Red Potatoes Recipe
- 8 medium red potatoes, quartered
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk, warmed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Place potatoes and garlic in a large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are very tender.
- Drain well. Add the butter, milk and salt; mash. Stir in cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Garlic Mashed Red Potatoes(23)
Sort By :
I am surprised at the other reviews. I didn't think this was anything special. I made the recipe exactly as stated; found the garlic too overpowering (which was fine for me because I like garlic, but would reduce the amount if serving to guests). I also needed to add more salt, and also pepper. I may make this again, but I will continue my quest to find a really good red-skin mashed potato recipe. My go-to mashed potatoes are way better than this, but made with bakers. Looking for a change of pace.
My Family loved it!! Very Good
I followed the recipe exactly and these are the best garlic mashed potatoes I've ever tasted.
I made these as written, and they were good. The aroma of the garlic was wonderful, but the garlic flavor was lacking. That can easily be solved with more garlic and some pepper. I'd also add a little sour cream next time.
Excellent flavor and so easy to make.