- 8 medium red potatoes, quartered
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk, warmed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Place potatoes and garlic in a large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are very tender.
- Drain well. Add the butter, milk and salt; mash. Stir in cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Garlic Mashed Red Potatoes
Sort By :
"My daughter and I made these for Thanksgiving dinner. Everyone loved them. We doubled the recipe because we were serving a crowd and wanted leftovers. We added more than double garlic to the water when boiling the potatoes, then removed some before we mashed them - didn't want the garlic flavor to overpower. They tasted great, had an appealing look, and went well with gravy."
"Fantastic! I love the use of red potatoes and parmesan in this recipe. I added a gentle splash of garlic."
"Great side dish!"
"I'm the mashed potato maker in my family and with a few modifications these are some of the best I've ever had! Absolutely delicious! We are garlic lovers so I tripled the garlic, did half butter and half pure olive oil, added a little extra salt(I only use sea salt), 1-2 teaspoons each of basil and chives, and added pepper to taste. Tried with and w/o gravy and wonderful either way, although gravy tends to mask the terrific blend of flavors. Highly recommended and super easy!! 5 stars all the way!"