- 8 medium red potatoes, quartered
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk, warmed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Place potatoes and garlic in a large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are very tender.
- Drain well. Add the butter, milk and salt; mash. Stir in cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Reviews for Garlic Mashed Red Potatoes
Sort By :
"I'm the mashed potato maker in my family and with a few modifications these are some of the best I've ever had! Absolutely delicious! We are garlic lovers so I tripled the garlic, did half butter and half pure olive oil, added a little extra salt(I only use sea salt), 1-2 teaspoons each of basil and chives, and added pepper to taste. Tried with and w/o gravy and wonderful either way, although gravy tends to mask the terrific blend of flavors. Highly recommended and super easy!! 5 stars all the way!"
"I love your recipe I use than all the time"
"Delicious & pretty easy for homemade garlic mashed potatoes! Can definitely taste the garlic flavor!"
"These were great! I'm not much of a mashed potato fan, but I could eat these a lot!"