These creamy garlic mashed potatoes are so good, you can serve them plain—no butter or gravy is needed. This is the only way we prepare mashed potatoes. —Valerie Mitchell, Olathe, Kansas
- 8 medium red potatoes, quartered
- 3 garlic cloves, peeled
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup fat-free milk, warmed
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- Place potatoes and garlic in a large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until potatoes are very tender.
- Drain well. Add the butter, milk and salt; mash. Stir in cheese. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Garlic Mashed Red Potatoes in Light & Tasty February/March 2001, p27
Reviews for Garlic Mashed Red Potatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review