Garlic Mashed Potatoes
I love both mashed potatoes and garlic, so this seemed like the perfect recipe for me. People say these potatoes rival varieties some restaurants are now serving.Myra Innes, Auburn, Kansas
4-6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 medium potatoes, peeled and quartered
- 4 to 5 garlic cloves
- 5 cups water
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 to 1 teaspoon salt
- Pinch pepper
- Place potatoes and garlic in a large saucepan and cover with water.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and cook for 15-20 minutes or
- until tender.
- Drain, reserving 2/3 cup cooking liquid. Mash potato mixture. Add the
- oil, salt, pepper and reserved liquid; stir until smooth.
- Yield: 4-6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 167 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 201 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein.