Garlic Mashed Cauliflower Recipe
“I've always enjoyed the mashed cauliflower at a favorite restaurant we go to," writes Jean Keiser of West Chester, Pennsylvania. "So I came up with this delicious and easy recipe for the low-carb favorite that we can make at home.”
- 5 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- Coarsely ground pepper and minced fresh chives, optional
- 1. Place 1 in. of water in a large saucepan; add cauliflower and garlic. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered 5-10 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Drain.
- 2. In a bowl, combine milk, mayonnaise, salt and pepper. Add cauliflower; beat until blended and creamy. If desired, shape into rounds by pressing 1/2-cup portions into a 2-in. biscuit cutter and sprinkle with black pepper and chives. Yield: 4 servings.
1/2 cup equals 74 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 428 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC