Garlic Mashed Cauliflower
“I've always enjoyed the mashed cauliflower at a favorite restaurant we go to," writes Jean Keiser of West Chester, Pennsylvania. "So I came up with this delicious and easy recipe for the low-carb favorite that we can make at home.”
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 5 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- Place 1 in. of water in a large saucepan; add cauliflower and garlic.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 10-15 minutes or
- until tender.
- Drain; transfer to a small bowl. Add the milk, mayonnaise, salt and
- pepper; beat until blended. If desired, shape into individual molds
- by packing 1/2 cup at a time into a 2-in. biscuit cutter. Yield: 4
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 74 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 428 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.