Garlic Mashed Cauliflower
“I've always enjoyed the mashed cauliflower at a favorite restaurant we go to," writes Jean Keiser of West Chester, Pennsylvania. "So I came up with this delicious and easy recipe for the low-carb favorite that we can make at home.”
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 5 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- Coarsely ground pepper and minced fresh chives, optional
- Place 1 in. of water in a large saucepan; add cauliflower and garlic.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered 5-10 minutes or until
- tender, stirring occasionally. Drain.
- In a bowl, combine milk, mayonnaise, salt and pepper. Add
- cauliflower; beat until blended and creamy. If desired, shape into
- rounds by pressing 1/2-cup portions into a 2-in. biscuit cutter and
- sprinkle with black pepper and chives. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1/2 cup equals 74 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 428 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1 fat.