- 5 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 1 garlic clove, thinly sliced
- 3 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- Cracked black pepper and minced fresh chives, optional
- Place 1 in. of water in a large saucepan; add cauliflower and garlic. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered, until tender, 10-15 minutes, stirring occasionally. Drain cauliflower and garlic; return to pan.
- Mash cauliflower mixture to desired consistency. Stir in milk, mayonnaise, salt and white pepper. If desired, sprinkle with cracked pepper and chives. Yield: 4 servings.
Reviews for Garlic Mashed Cauliflower
"This was recently reprinted In Simple & Delicious where I found it. I cut every ingredient in half, and substituted a garlic clove with minced garlic, did not use the fat-free version of the milk nor the mayo, as the regular of each was what I had on hand... I loved this. I like cauliflower and never thought I'd like it mashed, but I was wrong. So glad I gave it a try...now it will be one of my favorites."
"After I said I would never make this again, my husband said he didn't mind it and WOULD eat it again, and he doesn't even like cauliflower, so I guess I should have given it another star, but I'm unable to change my previous rating!"
"I made this recipe with Miracle Whip and I'm not sure if that made the difference in the taste or not, but I wasn't crazy about this recipe. While it had a potato-ish resemblance, it didn't quite taste like potato like I thought it would, and I couldn't get my cauliflower smooth like mashed potatoes are. They also cool off quicker than mashed potatoes and the appeal just wasn't there. If you love cauliflower, then this recipe would be okay."
"We love this, especially for my diabetic mother. I use light sour cream, light margarine and chives instead of the mayo and milk, however. If you've never tried this, you need to do so right away! Thanks for sharing this recipe."
"Would make again with more garlic and some chives."
"You can't even tell it is cauliflower. My kids may even like this better than regular mashed potatoes."
"I didnt put any salt in it and i LOVED it. I will be making this on a regular basis!"