“I've always enjoyed the mashed cauliflower at a favorite restaurant we go to," writes Jean Keiser of West Chester, Pennsylvania. "So I came up with this delicious and easy recipe for the low-carb favorite that we can make at home.”
- 5 cups fresh cauliflowerets
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 3 tablespoons fat-free milk
- 3 tablespoons reduced-fat mayonnaise
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon white pepper
- Coarsely ground pepper and minced fresh chives, optional
- Place 1 in. of water in a large saucepan; add cauliflower and garlic. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; simmer, covered 5-10 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally. Drain.
- In a bowl, combine milk, mayonnaise, salt and pepper. Add cauliflower; beat until blended and creamy. If desired, shape into rounds by pressing 1/2-cup portions into a 2-in. biscuit cutter and sprinkle with black pepper and chives. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Garlic Mashed Cauliflower in Light & Tasty December/January 2008, p21
Reviews for Garlic Mashed Cauliflower
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review