- In a large bowl, combine the first six ingredients. Crumble beef over
- mixture and mix well. Shape into 12 meatballs. In a large skillet,
- brown meatballs in oil on all sides; drain.
- In a Dutch oven, saute garlic in oil for 1 minute. Stir in the
- tomatoes, 2 cups water, tomato sauce and paste, parsley, cheese,
- basil and sugar; bring to a boil. Reduce heat; carefully add
- Cover and simmer for 3 hours, adding more water if needed to achieve
- desired consistency. Season with salt and pepper. Garnish with
- additional Parmesan cheese and parsley if desired. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: 2 meatballs with 1 cup sauce equals 608 calories, 19 g fat (6 g saturated fat), 113 mg cholesterol, 990 mg sodium, 79 g carbohydrate, 10 g fiber, 33 g protein.
This recipe pairs well with a medium red wine.: Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Santa Margherita Chianti Classico Reserva Italy 2009
. Initial tastes of fruits and spice move to herbal notes for a long smooth finish. Buy now and get 3 bottles for $49.99. Order Now