- 1/2 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh parsley
- 1/2 teaspoon salt, optional
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/4 cup milk
- 6 boneless skinless chicken breast halves (1-1/2 pounds)
- 1 to 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the bread crumbs, cheese, parsley, salt if desired and pepper. Place milk in a shallow bowl. Dip chicken in milk, then shake in the crumb mixture.
- Place chicken in a greased 13-in. x 9-in. baking dish. Combine the butter, garlic and lemon juice; drizzle over the chicken. Sprinkle with paprika.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 25-30 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 170°. Yield: 6 servings.
Light-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Garlic Lover's Chicken
"Love it! This chicken is really good. I didn't have bread crumbs so I used panko and it came out great."
"Very good. My adult daughter who doesnt care for meat, loved this. She wanted the recipe and said it looked like restaurant food. :)I only had chicken tenders--they worked fine. I didn't have fresh parsley, so I put the dry parsley into the butter and microwaved it so it wouldn't be dry. I used panko bread crumbs and I used buttermilk instead of regular milk, and I let the meat soak for about an hour. I also used fresh lemon instead of bottled lemon.The meat had a pleasant taste and appearance, although the panko crumbs didn't brown well so after it reached 170degrees I put it under the broiler to brown a bit. In the future, I'd probably brown it when it got to 165 degrees if it needs it. Next time I will double it for leftovers. It tasted great the next day and it would taste good sliced up for sandwiches."
"Tasty and easy to make"
"Excellent recipe! Very moist and flavorful. I've made this a few times. The fresh garlic and parsley make it a complete success."
"chicken was very moist and delicious. Quick and easy to make."
"Finally, a chicken recipe my hubby likes!! It was delicious!! I halved the recipe for just the two of us, and I'll have the rest for lunches with my salad!"
"Really good. Served this with Zucchini Parmesan - great combination and easy to make!"
"The first time I tasted this recipe was at a friend's house. She served it cold & we made sandwiches out of it. I got the recipe from her that day! I make Garlic Lover's chicken for dinner and eat it hot, straight from the oven. I also like having leftovers because it is just as good cold. It can be made with chicken drumsticks or thighs also."