This lovely, golden loaf has great garlic goodness in every bite. Guests will go wild over its savory flavor. Try dipping bite-size pieces in herb-seasoned olive oil or dunking in warm pasta sauce for a unique appetizer.
24 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + rising Bake: 20 min.
- 2 loaves (1 pound each) frozen bread dough or 24 frozen unbaked white dinner rolls, thawed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Herb-seasoned olive oil, optional
- Divide dough into 24 pieces. In a small bowl, combine the onion,
- butter, garlic, parsley and salt. Dip each piece of dough into
- butter mixture; place in a 10-in. fluted tube pan coated with
- cooking spray. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled,
- about 1 hour.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm
- with olive oil if desired. Yield: 1 loaf (24 pieces).
Nutritional Facts: 1 piece (calculated without Herb-seasoned olive oil) equals 141 calories, 5 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 10 mg cholesterol, 263 mg sodium, 19 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 4 g protein.