Garlic Loaf Recipe
- 2 loaves (1 pound each) frozen bread dough or 24 frozen unbaked white dinner rolls, thawed
- 1/2 cup finely chopped sweet onion
- 1/2 cup butter, melted
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- Herb-seasoned olive oil, optional
- 1. Divide dough into 24 pieces. In a small bowl, combine the onion, butter, garlic, parsley and salt. Dip each piece of dough into butter mixture; place in a 10-in. fluted tube pan coated with cooking spray. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 hour.
- 2. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm with olive oil if desired. Yield: 1 loaf (24 pieces).
1 piece: 141 calories, 5g fat (2g saturated fat), 10mg cholesterol, 263mg sodium, 19g carbohydrate (2g sugars, 2g fiber), 4g protein
Reviews for Garlic Loaf
"Very good. Great with soup or pasta dishes. This would make a great appetizer with a side of spagetti sauce."