Garlic Lime Shrimp
Our son, a restaurant owner, showed me how to make this quick shrimp and noodle dish zipped up with garlic and cayenne. I take advantage of this area's ample shrimp supply and make this special entree often. It's also tasty served over rice.
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 1 pound uncooked large shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 to 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1/2 cup butter
- 3 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh parsley
- Hot cooked pasta
- In a large skillet, saute the shrimp, garlic, salt and cayenne in
- butter until the shrimp turn pink, about 5 minutes. Stir in lime
- juice and parsley. Serve with pasta. Yield: 4 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 cup) equals 295 calories, 24 g fat (14 g saturated fat), 229 mg cholesterol, 721 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 19 g protein.
Wine: Light-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.