Garlic Lime Salmon
In Sand Springs, Oklahoma, Gail Uchwat uses her grill to cook these delicious fillets. The moist tender fish is mildly seasoned, so the leftovers work well in other recipes.
8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup canola oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 salmon fillets (about 1-1/2 pounds each)
- Preheat broiler. In a small bowl, mix the first five ingredients.
- Place salmon fillets on a broiler pan, skin side down. Broil 4-6 in.
- from heat 15-20 minutes or until fish just begins to flake easily
- with a fork. Brush frequently with onion mixture during last 5
- minutes of cooking. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (4 ounces) equals 380 calories, 30 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 68 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.