Garlic Lime Salmon
In Sand Springs, Oklahoma, Gail Uchwat uses her grill to cook these delicious fillets. The moist tender fish is mildly seasoned, so the leftovers work well in other recipes.
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 1/2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 1 teaspoon grated lime peel
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 salmon fillets (about 1-1/2 pounds each)
- Lime slices, optional
- In a jar with a tight-fitting lid, combine the first five
- ingredients; shake well. Broil salmon, skin side down, 4-6 in. from
- the heat for 20 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork,
- basting every 5 minutes with lime mixture. Garnish with lime slices
- if desired. Yield: 6 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (4 ounces) equals 380 calories, 30 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 67 mg cholesterol, 68 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 23 g protein.
Wine: Full-Bodied White Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.