Garlic-Lime Pork Chops Recipe
- 1/3 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/4 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Pour 1/2 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add the pork chops. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- 2. Drain and discard marinade. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before serving. Baste with reserved marinade. Yield: 6 servings.
One serving equals 189 calories, 6 g fat (2 g saturated fat), 90 mg cholesterol, 194 mg sodium, 2 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 30 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 4 lean meat.
Reviews for Garlic-Lime Pork Chops
"One of the best pork chop recipes we have had in a while. We grilled them 10 min./side instead of broiling and they turned out great. We also made twice the marinade: one batch for marinating and one for basting."
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.