Cilantro, lime and hot pepper sauce lend south-of-the-border pizzazz to boneless pork chops in this recipe from Paula Marchesi of Lenhartsville, Pennsylvania. "Pretty enough for company, these chops are tender, juicy and delicious," she says.
- 1/3 cup fat-free Italian salad dressing
- 1/3 cup salsa
- 4-1/2 teaspoons lime juice
- 4-1/2 teaspoons minced fresh cilantro
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/4 teaspoons grated lime peel
- 1/4 teaspoon hot pepper sauce
- 6 boneless pork loin chops (5 ounces each)
- In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Pour 1/2 cup into a large resealable plastic bag; add the pork chops. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight. Cover and refrigerate remaining marinade.
- Drain and discard marinade. Broil 4 in. from the heat for 4-5 minutes or until a thermometer reads 145°. Let meat stand for 5 minutes before serving. Baste with reserved marinade. Yield: 6 servings.
Originally published as Garlic-Lime Pork Chops in Taste of Home December/January 2003, p52
Light-Bodied Red Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied red wine such as Pinot Noir.
Reviews for Garlic-Lime Pork Chops
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review