"I love garlic, and this golden-brown chicken with its fragrant spices and citrus tang is an excellent way to showcase its popular flavor," writes Dorothy Smith of El Dorado, Arkansas.
Recommended: 40 Tasty Chicken Thigh Recipes
- 1/2 cup lime juice
- 1/4 cup cider vinegar
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh oregano or 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 tablespoon dried coriander
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon paprika
- 8 bone-in chicken breast halves (8 ounces each)
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the lime juice, vinegar, garlic and seasonings; add chicken. Seal bag and turn to coat; refrigerate for 8 hours or overnight.
- Discard marinade. In a skillet, brown chicken on all sides in oil. Transfer to a greased 15-in. x 10-in. x 1-in. baking pan. Bake, uncovered, at 375° for 30-35 minutes or until a meat thermometer reaches 170° and juices run clear. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Garlic Lime Chicken in Quick Cooking July/August 2002, p20
Reviews for Garlic Lime Chicken
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Jun. 23, 2013
"I've made this recipe many times and we always enjoy it. This past time, we cooked it on the grill rather than in the oven (for roughly the same amount of time) and it turned out very well. The marinade has fantastic flavor!"