Garlic Lemon Fish Fillet with Herbs Recipe
Combining different types of herbs not only gives this speedy fish depth of flavor, but it also results in a beautiful dish. Yvonne Nemec of Stewartsville, New Jersey relates, “this is such an easy dish and so delicious. The herbs compliment the delicate flavor of the fish. We love it!” Yvonne Nemec, Phillipsburg, New Jersey
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat butter
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 pound whitefish or sole fillets
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- In a small microwave-safe dish, combine the onion, butter and garlic. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-2 minutes or until onion is partially cooked. Stir in the lemon juice, parsley, salt, tarragon and thyme.
- Arrange fillets in a greased 2-qt. round microwave-safe dish. Top with half of the butter mixture. Stir bread crumbs into the remaining butter mixture; sprinkle over fillets.
- Cover and microwave on high for 4-6 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Herb Fish Fillets in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2010, p44
Enjoy this recipe with a light-bodied white wine such as Sauvignon Blanc or Pinot Grigio.
Reviews for Garlic Lemon Fish Fillet with Herbs(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review