Garlic Lemon Fish Fillet with Herbs Recipe
Combining different types of herbs not only gives this speedy fish depth of flavor, but it also results in a beautiful dish. Yvonne Nemec of Stewartsville, New Jersey relates, “this is such an easy dish and so delicious. The herbs compliment the delicate flavor of the fish. We love it!” —Yvonne Nemec, Phillipsburg, New Jersey
- 1/4 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons reduced-fat butter
- 1/2 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons dried parsley flakes
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 1/8 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 pound whitefish or sole fillets
- 1/4 cup dry bread crumbs
- In a small microwave-safe dish, combine the onion, butter and garlic. Microwave, uncovered, on high for 1-2 minutes or until onion is partially cooked. Stir in the lemon juice, parsley, salt, tarragon and thyme.
- Arrange fillets in a greased 2-qt. round microwave-safe dish. Top with half of the butter mixture. Stir bread crumbs into the remaining butter mixture; sprinkle over fillets.
- Cover and microwave on high for 4-6 minutes or until fish flakes easily with a fork. Yield: 4 servings.
Originally published as Herb Fish Fillets in The Taste of Home Cookbook 2010, p44
This recipe pairs well with a light white wine.
Taste of Home Special Offer: Enjoy this recipe with Seven Daughters White Blend CA, a crisp flavorful wine with hints of citrus. Buy now and get 6 bottles for $69.99. Order Now
Reviews for Garlic Lemon Fish Fillet with Herbs
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review