Garlic Lemon Dip Recipe
When my father came from Greece to the United States about 50 years ago, he brought this recipe with him. It's called Scordolia..."Scordo" means garlic in Greek.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:12 servings
- 1/4 pound day-old Italian bread, crusts removed and cut into large pieces
- 2 cups water
- 3 to 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 medium red potatoes, peeled, cubed, cooked and cooled
- 5 to 6 garlic cloves, halved
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Chopped walnuts or almonds, optional
- Pita chips or crackers
- 1. In a large bowl, soak bread in water for 15 minutes. Squeeze bread and place in a small bowl (there should be about 1 cup of bread); set aside.
- 2. In a blender, combine the lemon juice, potatoes, garlic and salt; cover and process until smooth. Add bread; cover and process until blended. While processing, gradually add oil until blended.
- 3. Transfer to a serving bowl; sprinkle with nuts if desired. Serve with pita ships or crackers. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: About 1-1/2 cups.
1 serving (2 tablespoons) equals 122 calories, 9 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 155 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC