When my father came from Greece to the United States about 50 years ago, he brought this recipe with him. It's called Scordolia..."Scordo" means garlic in Greek.
Recommended: 84 Lemon Recipes from Tart to Sweet
- 1/4 pound day-old Italian bread, crusts removed and cut into large pieces
- 2 cups water
- 3 to 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 medium red potatoes, peeled, cubed, cooked and cooled
- 5 to 6 garlic cloves, halved
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Chopped walnuts or almonds, optional
- Pita chips or crackers
- In a large bowl, soak bread in water for 15 minutes. Squeeze bread and place in a small bowl (there should be about 1 cup of bread); set aside.
- In a blender, combine the lemon juice, potatoes, garlic and salt; cover and process until smooth. Add bread; cover and process until blended. While processing, gradually add oil until blended.
- Transfer to a serving bowl; sprinkle with nuts if desired. Serve with pita ships or crackers. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: About 1-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Garlic Lemon Dip in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p222
Reviews for Garlic Lemon Dip
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review