Garlic Lemon Dip Recipe
When my father came from Greece to the United States about 50 years ago, he brought this recipe with him. It's called Scordolia..."Scordo" means garlic in Greek.
- 1/4 pound day-old Italian bread, crusts removed and cut into large pieces
- 2 cups water
- 3 to 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 medium red potatoes, peeled, cubed, cooked and cooled
- 5 to 6 garlic cloves, halved
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- Chopped walnuts or almonds, optional
- Pita chips or crackers
- In a large bowl, soak bread in water for 15 minutes. Squeeze bread and place in a small bowl (there should be about 1 cup of bread); set aside.
- In a blender, combine the lemon juice, potatoes, garlic and salt; cover and process until smooth. Add bread; cover and process until blended. While processing, gradually add oil until blended.
- Transfer to a serving bowl; sprinkle with nuts if desired. Serve with pita ships or crackers. Store in the refrigerator. Yield: About 1-1/2 cups.
Originally published as Garlic Lemon Dip in Taste of Home's Holiday & Celebrations Cookbook Annual 2003, p222
Reviews for Garlic Lemon Dip(0)
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
More Recipe Collections
- Almond Recipes >
- Appetizers >
- Baby Shower Recipes >
- Bridal Shower Recipes >
- Cocktail Party Appetizers >
- Dip Recipes >
- Father's Day Recipes >
- Finger Foods & Finger Food Recipes >
- Greek Appetizers >
- Greek Recipes >
- Holiday Finger Foods >
- New Year's Appetizers >