Using frozen yeast dough is an easy way to make homemade rolls. These cute knots add a special touch to any menu.
- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Poppy seeds, optional
- Pat out dough on a work surface; sprinkle with minced onion and knead until combined. Divide dough in half. Shape each half into five balls. To form knots, roll each ball into a 10-in. rope; tie into a knot. Tuck ends under. Place rolls 2 in. apart on a greased baking sheet.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add garlic and salt; cook and stir 1-2 minutes. Brush over rolls. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Brush tops with egg; if desired, sprinkle with poppy seeds. Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 10 rolls.
Originally published as Garlic Knotted Rolls in Country Woman December/January 2011, p39
Reviews for Garlic Knotted Rolls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review