- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg, beaten
- Poppy seeds, optional
- Pat out dough on a work surface; sprinkle with minced onion and knead until combined. Divide dough in half. Shape each half into five balls. To form knots, roll each ball into a 10-in. rope; tie into a knot. Tuck ends under. Place rolls 2 in. apart on a greased baking sheet.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add garlic and salt; cook and stir 1-2 minutes. Brush over rolls. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven to 375°. Brush tops with egg; if desired, sprinkle with poppy seeds. Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 10 rolls.
Originally published as Garlic Knotted Rolls in Country Woman December/January 2011, p39
Reviews for Garlic Knotted Rolls
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 31, 2016
"Really good and very easy."
Reviewed Feb. 10, 2011
Reviewed Dec. 22, 2010
"I MADE 3 BATCHES FOR C HURCH-EVERYONE LOVED THEM! VERY easy TO MAKE."