- 1 loaf (1 pound) frozen bread dough, thawed
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried minced onion
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon poppy seeds
- Pat out dough on a work surface; sprinkle with minced onion and knead until combined. Divide dough in half. Shape each piece into five balls. To form knots, roll each ball into a 10-in. rope; tie into a knot. Tuck ends under. Place rolls 2 in. apart on a greased baking sheet.
- In a small skillet over medium heat, melt butter. Add garlic and salt; cook and stir 1-2 minutes. Brush over rolls. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- Preheat oven 375°. to Brush tops with egg; sprinkle with poppy seeds. Bake 15-20 minutes or until golden brown. Yield: 10 rolls.
Reviews for Garlic Knotted Rolls
Sort By :
I made thes last weekend with my bread machine instead of frozen bread dough.
They turned out really good. I left out the poppy seeds. If you want onion rolls, just leave out the garlic. They would also be good with neither onion or garlic but with sesame seeds instead of poppy seeds.
I will definitely add these to my recipe box.
OBTW leftovers ground in a food processor would make great breadcrumbs.
Marilyn Barter Montreal Quebec Canada
I MADE 3 BATCHES FOR C HURCH-EVERYONE LOVED THEM! VERY EASY TO MAKE.
More Recipe Collections
- Bread Baking >
- Bread Recipes >
- Christmas Recipes >
- Comfort Food Bread Recipes >
- Comfort Food Recipes >
- Comfort Food Vegetarian Recipes >
- Country Woman Recipes >
- Country Woman Vegetarian Recipes >
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Easter Recipes >
- Low Fat Recipes >
- Rolls >
- Thanksgiving Recipes >
- Vegetarian Bread Recipes >