Garlic Knots Recipe
“These novel knots are handy because they can be made ahead of time and re-heated when needed.” —Jane Paschke, University Park, Florida.
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:30 servings
- 1 tube (12 ounces) refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1. Preheat oven to 400°. Cut each biscuit into thirds. Roll each piece into a 3-in. rope and tie into a knot; tuck ends under. Place 2 in. apart on a greased baking sheet. Bake 8-10 minutes or until golden brown.
- 2. In a large bowl, combine the remaining ingredients; add the warm knots and gently toss to coat. Yield: 2-1/2 dozen.
1 knot equals 46 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), trace cholesterol, 105 mg sodium, 6 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC