Everyone I know loves this recipe— even my husband who normally doesn't like garlic! These tomatoes are a hit at potlucks...folks always ask for the recipe.
12 ServingsPrep: 15 min. + chilling
- 6 medium tomatoes
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- Peel and cut tomatoes in half horizontally. Squeeze tomatoes lightly
- to release seeds. Discard seeds and juices. Place tomato halves in a
- container with a tight-fitting lid.
- In a small bowl, combine the oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, oregano
- and pepper. Pour over tomatoes. Seal lid and turn to coat.
- Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or up to 2 days, turning
- occasionally. Yield: 12 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (1 each) equals 58 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 105 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.