Garlic-Kissed Tomatoes Recipe
Everyone I know loves this recipe— even my husband who normally doesn't like garlic! These tomatoes are a hit at potlucks...folks always ask for the recipe.
- 6 medium tomatoes
- 1/4 cup canola oil
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 garlic cloves, thinly sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Peel and cut tomatoes in half horizontally. Squeeze tomatoes lightly to release seeds. Discard seeds and juices. Place tomato halves in a container with a tight-fitting lid.
- 2. In a small bowl, combine the oil, lemon juice, garlic, salt, oregano and pepper. Pour over tomatoes. Seal lid and turn to coat. Refrigerate for at least 4 hours or up to 2 days, turning occasionally. Yield: 12 servings.
1 serving (1 each) equals 58 calories, 5 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 105 mg sodium, 4 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Garlic-Kissed Tomatoes
Reviewed Apr. 27, 2015
"EXCELLENT! I'll make these often!"
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC