Garlic Hoagie Rolls Recipe
Patty Ryan MERRILL, WISCONSIN These homemade yeast rolls feature a crunchy, golden crust and a soft texture inside. The garlic and chives add a little pizzazz.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 20 min. + rising Bake: 15 min. + cooling YIELD:9 servings
- 1/2 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1/2 cup warm 2% milk (70° to 80°)
- 1 egg, lightly beaten
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 1 tablespoon minced chives
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic salt
- 3-1/4 cups bread flour
- 3 teaspoons active dry yeast
- 1. In bread machine pan, place all ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1-2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- 2. When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface; divide into nine pieces. Shape each into a 4-1/2-in. x 1-1/2-in. roll. Place 4 in. apart on greased baking sheets. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, 20-30 minutes.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 12-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pans to wire racks to cool. Yield: 9 rolls.
1 roll equals 187 calories, 2 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 28 mg cholesterol, 255 mg sodium, 36 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC