Garlic Herbed Grilled Tuna Steaks Recipe
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 teaspoons minced fresh thyme or 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 4 tuna steaks (6 ounces each)
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large resealable plastic bag, combine the lemon juice, oil, garlic and thyme. Add the tuna; seal bag and turn to coat. Refrigerate for up to 30 minutes, turning occasionally.
- 2. Remove tuna from bag; sprinkle with salt and pepper. Drain and discard marinade. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, lightly coat the grill rack.
- 3. Grill tuna, covered, over medium-hot heat or broil 4 in. from the heat for 3-4 minutes on each side for medium-rare or until slightly pink in the center. Yield: 4 servings.
1 each: 218 calories, 5g fat (1g saturated fat), 77mg cholesterol, 211mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 40g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 5 lean meat, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Garlic Herbed Grilled Tuna Steaks
"I love this recipe! I use about 2 bulbs of garlic with 2 tbsp of lemon juice and 3 tbsp of evoo. The extra garlic creates a nice crust."
"Absolutely WONDERFUL! I cooked the tuna on the grill and LOVED the flavor! The lemon adds just enough tartness to be distinguishable, but not too overpowering! EXCELLENT!!!"
"I marinated the tuna steaks for at least a full hour and the flavor was great!"
"easy, fast, very tasty"