Garlic Herbed Beef Tenderloin Recipe
You don't need much seasoning to add flavor to this tender beef roast. The mild blending of rosemary, basil and garlic does the trick in this recipe from Ruth Andrewson of Leavenworth, Washington.
- 1 beef tenderloin roast (3 pounds)
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1-1/2 teaspoons dried rosemary, crushed
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Tie tenderloin at 2-in. intervals with kitchen string. Combine oil and garlic; brush over meat. Combine the basil, rosemary, salt and pepper; sprinkle evenly over meat. Place on a rack in a shallow roasting pan.
- 2. Bake, uncovered, at 425° for 40-50 minutes or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done, 170°). Let stand for 10 minutes before slicing. Yield: 12 servings.
3 ounces cooked beef: 198 calories, 10g fat (4g saturated fat), 78mg cholesterol, 249mg sodium, 1g carbohydrate (0 sugars, 0 fiber), 25g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 lean meat.
Reviews for Garlic Herbed Beef Tenderloin
© 2017 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC