Garlic-Herb Salmon Sliders Recipe
- 1/3 cup panko (Japanese) bread crumbs
- 4 teaspoons finely chopped shallot
- 2 teaspoons snipped fresh dill
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1 pound salmon fillet, skin removed and cut into 1-inch cubes
- 8 whole wheat dinner rolls, split and toasted
- 1/4 cup reduced-fat garlic-herb spreadable cheese
- 8 small lettuce leaves
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the first seven ingredients. Place salmon in food processor; pulse until coarsely chopped and add to bread crumb mixture. Mix lightly but thoroughly. Shape into eight 1/2-in.-thick patties.
- 2. Moisten a paper towel with cooking oil; using long-handled tongs, rub on grill rack to coat lightly. Grill burgers, covered, over medium heat or broil 4 in. from heat 3-4 minutes on each side or until a thermometer reads 160°. Serve on rolls with spreadable cheese and lettuce. Yield: 4 servings.
2 sliders equals 442 calories, 17 g fat (5 g saturated fat), 119 mg cholesterol, 676 mg sodium, 42 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 30 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 3 starch, 3 lean meat, 1 fat.
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.