Garlic Herb Rolls Recipe
Baked in buttered muffin cups, these savory rolls are cute as a button. “I like to serve them with spaghetti or a bowl of soup,” notes field editor Virginia Lapierre from Greensboro Bend, Vermont.
TOTAL TIME: Prep: 15 min. + rising Bake: 10 min. YIELD:6 servings
- 1 teaspoon active dry yeast
- 1/4 teaspoon sugar
- 1/4 cup warm water (110° to 115°)
- 1/2 cup plus 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1-1/2 teaspoons canola oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon butter, softened
- 3/4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 3/4 teaspoon grated Parmesan cheese
- 1/4 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1/4 teaspoon dried basil
- 1. In a small bowl, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water; let stand for 5 minutes. Beat in the flour, oil and salt until smooth. Turn onto a heavily floured surface; knead until smooth and elastic, about 6-8 minutes.
- 2. Place in a bowl coated with cooking spray, turning once to coat the top. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 3. Grease six muffin cups with the butter. Combine the garlic powder, cheese, oregano and basil; sprinkle into cups. Punch dough down; divide into six portions. Shape each into a ball; place in prepared cups, turning once to coat. Cover and let rise until doubled, about 30 minutes.
- 4. Bake at 425° for 10-15 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 6 servings.
1 roll equals 79 calories, 3 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 5 mg cholesterol, 122 mg sodium, 11 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchange: 1 starch.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC