Garlic-Herb Potato Nests Recipe
- 2 cups grated peeled potatoes, drained and squeezed dry
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup garlic-herb spreadable cheese
- Fresh dill sprigs
- 1. In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, egg white, salt and pepper. Place 1 tablespoonful in each of 24 greased miniature muffin cups, lining the bottom and sides of cups.
- 2. Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- 3. Shape 1/2 teaspoonfuls of cheese into ovals; place in potato nests. Garnish with dill. Serve at room temperature. Yield: 2 dozen.
1 serving (1 each) equals 25 calories, 1 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 4 mg cholesterol, 48 mg sodium, 3 g carbohydrate, trace fiber, 1 g protein.
Reviews for Garlic-Herb Potato Nests
"Maybe I did something wrong but neither my husband or I liked this recipe. The texture was weird and the potatoes just seemed cold."