- 2 cups grated peeled potatoes, drained and squeezed dry
- 1 egg white, lightly beaten
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1/3 cup garlic-herb spreadable cheese
- Fresh dill sprigs
- In a large bowl, combine the potatoes, egg white, salt and pepper. Place 1 tablespoonful in each of 24 greased miniature muffin cups, lining the bottom and sides of cups.
- Bake at 375° for 20-25 minutes or until golden brown. Cool for 2 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks to cool completely.
- Shape 1/2 teaspoonfuls of cheese into ovals; place in potato nests. Garnish with dill. Serve at room temperature. Yield: 2 dozen.
Originally published as Garlic-Herb Potato Nests in Taste of Home August/September 2005, p58
Reviews for Garlic-Herb Potato Nests
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Mar. 20, 2011
"Maybe I did something wrong but neither my husband or I liked this recipe. The texture was weird and the potatoes just seemed cold."