Garlic-Herb Orzo Pilaf Recipe
"Mildly flavored and flecked with garlic and fresh herbs, this creamy, versatile side dish can accompany a wide variety of entrees. Plus, it’s a cinch to put together." --Mary Relyea of Canastota, New York
- 8 garlic cloves, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1/2 cup uncooked orzo pasta
- 1/2 cup uncooked long grain rice
- 1 can (14-1/2 ounces) reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1/3 cup water
- 3 green onions, thinly sliced
- 1/3 cup thinly sliced fresh basil leaves
- 1/4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet coated with cooking spray, cook garlic in oil over medium-high heat for 1 minute. Add orzo and rice; cook 4-6 minutes longer or until lightly browned.
- 2. Stir in broth and water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15-20 minutes or until rice is tender and liquid is absorbed. Stir in the onions, basil, parsley and salt. Yield: 4 servings.
3/4 cup equals 227 calories, 4 g fat (1 g saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 426 mg sodium, 40 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 7 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 starch, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Garlic-Herb Orzo Pilaf
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC