Garlic-Herb Mashed Potatoes
Our family loves these creamy and comforting potatoes. Garlic and other herbs make them so mouthwatering, I serve them just plain-no gravy is needed. For an extra-buttery taste, I'd suggest using Yukon Gold potatoes.—Suzi Bonnett, Bellevue, Nebraska
6-8 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 30 min.
- 6 medium potatoes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Peel potatoes if desired and cut into cubes. Place in a large
- saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and
- simmer for 20-25 minutes or until tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute garlic in 2 tablespoons butter
- for 1 minute or until tender. Add the remaining butter; heat until
- Drain potatoes and place in a large bowl. Add the garlic mixture,
- cream, parsley, tarragon, salt and pepper; mash until smooth. Yield:
- 6-8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 306 calories, 20 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 329 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.