Garlic-Herb Mashed Potatoes Recipe
Our family loves these creamy and comforting potatoes. Garlic and other herbs make them so mouthwatering, I serve them just plain-no gravy is needed. For an extra-buttery taste, I'd suggest using Yukon Gold potatoes.—Suzi Bonnett, Bellevue, Nebraska
TOTAL TIME: Prep/Total Time: 30 min. YIELD:6-8 servings
- 6 medium potatoes
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 6 tablespoons butter, divided
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Peel potatoes if desired and cut into cubes. Place in a large saucepan; cover with water. Bring to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 20-25 minutes or until tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a small skillet, saute garlic in 2 tablespoons butter for 1 minute or until tender. Add the remaining butter; heat until melted.
- 3. Drain potatoes and place in a large bowl. Add the garlic mixture, cream, parsley, tarragon, salt and pepper; mash until smooth. Yield: 6-8 servings.
1 serving (3/4 cup) equals 306 calories, 20 g fat (12 g saturated fat), 64 mg cholesterol, 329 mg sodium, 30 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2014 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC