- 1/2 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- GARLIC HERB BUTTER:
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon each dried oregano, thyme and rosemary, crushed
- In bread machine pan, place the first seven ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Cover and let rest for 15 minutes. Divide dough into 36 pieces. Shape each piece into a ball. In a shallow bowl, combine butter, garlic and herbs. Dip each ball in mixture; place in an ungreased 9x5-in. loaf pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown (cover loosely with foil if bread browns too quickly). Remove from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 loaf (18 servings).
Reviews for Garlic Herb Bubble Loaf
"I used leftover French onion dip instead of plain sour cream and my family loved it! Glad I baked it in a stoneware pan as the bottom got golden brown. It may have burnt in a metal pan. I will try baking at 350 degrees next time."
"I made this recently for our family Sunday meal with my sister and her family. We all agreed that it was 'OK', but it didn't knock our socks off. Garlic powder might be a better choice than fresh, as the garlic taste was not noticeable."
"Can you make this in a loaf bread?Love this recipe very tasty but too much time doing 36 pieces"
"@Christine, heat your water to 120 degrees, put in a bowl and stir in yeast and sugar. Let it sit about 5 minutes till frothy. Add the flour, salt, sour cream and melted butter. Knead about 8 minutes, adding flour if needed, or water if it appears to be dry. You can also do the kneading in a stand mixer if you have one, just make sure you proof the yeast as I said above first. Then follow the rest of the instructions as written. Hope this helps."
"I want to make this, but I do not own a bread maker. Do you have alternative directions?"
"Yummy! I changed out the butter with olive oil. It was delicious!"
"I used this recipe as a base to make a pizza crust. It's always been bery tasty"
"Very easy and delicious! I made a batch to go with lasagna, and these were well received."