Garlic Herb Bubble Loaf Recipe
- 1/2 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons active dry yeast
- GARLIC HERB BUTTER:
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon each dried oregano, thyme and rosemary, crushed
- In bread machine pan, place the first seven ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Cover and let rest for 15 minutes. Divide dough into 36 pieces. Shape each piece into a ball. In a shallow bowl, combine butter, garlic and herbs. Dip each ball in mixture; place in an ungreased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds 16 slices).
Reviews for Garlic Herb Bubble Loaf
Sort By :
"Yummy! I changed out the butter with olive oil. It was delicious!"
"I used this recipe as a base to make a pizza crust. It's always been bery tasty"
"Very easy and delicious! I made a batch to go with lasagna, and these were well received."
"I really like this bread. It has a nice flavor and is pretty good all around. When I make the butter stuff, I leave out the rosemary since I never have it-it still turns out very yummy. I have also just made it in a regular 13x9 pan, with a single layer-so more like garlic herb rolls but...I like it that way, plus it doesn't take as long to bake!"
"Our family loved it. I substituted onion power for rosemary. Served with pizza casserole and dipped bread in warm spaghetti sauce. A big hit with the kids."