Garlic Herb Bubble Loaf Recipe
I adapted an old sour cream bread recipe for this deliciously different pull-apart loaf that smells heavenly while baking. It has a light crust, tender interior and lots of herb and butter flavor. We think it's wonderful with a hot bowl of potato soup. -Katie Crill, Priest River, Idaho
- 1/2 cup water (70° to 80°)
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 3 cups bread flour
- 2-1/4 teaspoons Red Star® Platinum Superior Baking Yeast™
- GARLIC HERB BUTTER:
- 1/4 cup butter, melted
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon each dried oregano, thyme and rosemary, crushed
- 1. In bread machine pan, place the first seven ingredients in order suggested by manufacturer. Select dough setting (check dough after 5 minutes of mixing; add 1 to 2 tablespoons of water or flour if needed).
- 2. When cycle is completed, turn dough onto a lightly floured surface. Cover and let rest for 15 minutes. Divide dough into 36 pieces. Shape each piece into a ball. In a shallow bowl, combine butter, garlic and herbs. Dip each ball in mixture; place in an ungreased 9-in. x 5-in. loaf pan. Cover and let rise in a warm place until doubled, about 45 minutes.
- 3. Bake at 375° for 35-40 minutes or until golden brown. Remove from pan to a wire rack. Serve warm. Yield: 1 loaf (1-1/2 pounds 16 slices).
1 piece equals 140 calories, 6 g fat (4 g saturated fat), 16 mg cholesterol, 269 mg sodium, 20 g carbohydrate, 1 g fiber, 4 g protein.
© 2015 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC