Garlic Grilled Steaks
For a mouthwatering change of taste at your next barbecue, take steak to new flavor heights by basting your choice of cuts with a great garlicky blend that requires no more than minutes to fix.Taste of Home Test Kitchen
4 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 10 garlic cloves
- 1-1/2 teaspoons salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- 4 boneless beef top loin steaks or 4 beef ribeye steaks (1-1/4 inches thick and 8 ounces each)
- With a mortar and pestle, combine the garlic, salt and pepper. Add
- the oil, lemon juice and Worcestershire sauce; mix to form a paste.
- Grill steaks, covered, over medium heat for 6-8 minutes on each side
- or until meat reaches desired doneness (for medium-rare, a meat
- thermometer should read 145°; medium, 160°; well-done,
- 170°. Brush with garlic mixture during the last few minutes of
- grilling. Let stand for 3-5 minutes before serving. Yield: 4
Wine: Full-Bodied Red Wine: Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied red wine such as Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot or Syrah.