Garlic Green Beans
This vegetable dish gets a boost from onions and garlic. Their fresh flavor comes shining though.—Jane Walker, Dewey, Arizona
6 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 20 min.
- 2 pounds fresh or frozen green beans, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- Place beans in a saucepan and cover with water; bring to a boil.
- Cook, uncovered, for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute onion in oil until tender. Add
- garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Drain beans; add to onion mixture.
- Cook and stir for 2-3 minutes or until heated through. Yield: 6
Nutritional Facts: One serving equals 78 calories, 2 g fat (0 saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 10 mg sodium, 13 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 3 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2-1/2 vegetable, 1/2 fat.