Garlic Green Beans with Tomatoes Recipe
This savory side dish goes well with a variety of entrees. The crisp-tender beans are accented with chopped tomatoes, onion, garlic and allspice. —Clara Coulston of Washington Court House, Ohio
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 4 medium ripe tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, bring the broth, onion and garlic to a boil. Add beans; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Add the tomatoes, seasoned salt, allspice and pepper; cook 2-3 minutes longer or until beans are tender. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 8 servings.
One serving (3/4 cup) equals 61 calories, trace fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 184 mg sodium, 12 g carbohydrate, 5 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable.
Reviews for Garlic Green Beans with Tomatoes
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC