Garlic Green Beans with Tomatoes Recipe
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 4 medium ripe tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1. In a large nonstick skillet, bring the broth, onion and garlic to a boil. Add beans; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Add the tomatoes, seasoned salt, allspice and pepper; cook 2-3 minutes longer or until beans are tender. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 8 servings.
3/4 cup: 61 calories, 0g fat (0g saturated fat), 0mg cholesterol, 184mg sodium, 12g carbohydrate (0g sugars, 5g fiber), 2g protein Diabetic Exchanges: 2 vegetable.
Reviews for Garlic Green Beans with Tomatoes
"I liked this recipe because although it is a low fat recipe, it doesn't overcompensate for the lack of butter by overdoing all the other seasonings. The chicken broth helps it accomplish this."