This savory side dish goes well with a variety of entrees. The crisp-tender beans are accented with chopped tomatoes, onion, garlic and allspice. —Clara Coulston of Washington Court House, Ohio
Recommended: 17 Ways to Love Green Beans
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 4 medium ripe tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet, bring the broth, onion and garlic to a boil. Add beans; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Add the tomatoes, seasoned salt, allspice and pepper; cook 2-3 minutes longer or until beans are tender. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Green Beans with Tomatoes in Light & Tasty October/November 2003, p31
Reviews for Garlic Green Beans with Tomatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Reviewed Oct. 18, 2011
"I liked this recipe because although it is a low fat recipe, it doesn't overcompensate for the lack of butter by overdoing all the other seasonings. The chicken broth helps it accomplish this."