- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium chicken broth or vegetable broth
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, cut into 2-inch pieces
- 4 medium ripe tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 3/4 teaspoon seasoned salt
- 1/8 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- In a large nonstick skillet, bring the broth, onion and garlic to a boil. Add beans; return to a boil. Reduce heat; cover and simmer for 15 minutes. Add the tomatoes, seasoned salt, allspice and pepper; cook 2-3 minutes longer or until beans are tender. Serve with a slotted spoon. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Green Beans with Tomatoes in Light & Tasty October/November 2003, p31
Reviews for Garlic Green Beans with Tomatoes
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review
Sort By :
Reviewed Oct. 18, 2011
I liked this recipe because although it is a low fat recipe, it doesn't overcompensate for the lack of butter by overdoing all the other seasonings. The chicken broth helps it accomplish this.
More Recipe Collections
- Diabetic Recipes >
- Diabetic Side Dishes >
- Green Bean Recipes >
- Healthy Cooking Side Dishes >
- Healthy Cooking Vegetarian Recipes >