Garlic Green Beans with Gorgonzola Recipe
I updated this green bean holiday side dish by adding a touch of white wine, fresh thyme and green onions. It's delicious, easy to make and my family loves it!—Nancy Heishman, Las Vegas, Nevada
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed and halved
- 1 can (8 ounces) sliced water chestnuts, drained
- 4 green onions, chopped
- 5 bacon strips, cooked and crumbled, divided
- 1/3 cup white wine or chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh thyme or 2 teaspoons dried thyme
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 1-1/2 teaspoons seasoned salt
- 1 cup (8 ounces) sour cream
- 3/4 cup crumbled Gorgonzola cheese
- 1. Place green beans, water chestnuts, green onions and 1/4 cup cooked bacon in a 4-qt. slow cooker. In a small bowl, mix wine, thyme, garlic and seasoned salt; pour over top. Cook, covered, on low 3-4 hours or until green beans are crisp-tender. Drain liquid from beans.
- 2. Just before serving, stir in sour cream; sprinkle with cheese and remaining bacon. Yield: 10 servings.
Reviews for Garlic Green Beans with Gorgonzola
Full-Bodied White Wine
Enjoy this recipe with a full-bodied white wine such as Chardonnay or Viognier.
© 2016 RDA Enthusiast Brands, LLC