Garlic Green Bean Medley Recipe
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced sweet onion
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1. Place beans in a steamer basket; place in a Dutch oven over 1 in. of water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 6-8 minutes or until crisp-tender.
- 2. Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the red pepper, onion and celery in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the beans, salt and pepper; toss to coat. Yield: 10 servings.
3/4 cup equals 57 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 126 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.
Reviews for Garlic Green Bean Medley
"Excellent side dish and very easy to make."
"Company, show off, delicious! I served it with the Spiced Pork Medallions with Bourbon Sauce shown here. They to are another company, show off, delicious."
"Veggies don't get much better than this! Used frozen green beans for convenience, and had to use a green bell pepper, but otherwise made the recipe as stated... I am a veggie lover and this was just wonderful to me!"
"So delicious and easy to make. I used steam-in-the-bag beans to make it even easier to prepare."