Garlic Green Bean Medley
“This is one of my favorite ways to cook green beans. Everyone loves it!” —Nancy Daugherty, Cortland, Ohio
10 ServingsPrep/Total Time: 25 min.
- 2 pounds fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 large sweet red pepper, cut into strips
- 1/2 cup thinly sliced sweet onion
- 1/4 cup thinly sliced celery
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Place beans in a steamer basket; place in a Dutch oven over 1 in. of
- water. Bring to a boil; cover and steam for 6-8 minutes or until
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, saute the red pepper, onion and celery
- in oil until tender. Add garlic; cook 1 minute longer. Add the
- beans, salt and pepper; toss to coat. Yield: 10 servings.
Nutritional Facts: 3/4 cup equals 57 calories, 3 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 126 mg sodium, 8 g carbohydrate, 3 g fiber, 2 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.