Garlic Green Bean Bundles
Joyce Turley of Slaughters, Kentucky shared a presentation for fresh green beans that is so pretty, it could serve as the centerpiece for your dinner table! Bundled in yellow squash rings, the beans are seasoned with a drizzle of garlic and tarragon.
8 ServingsPrep: 30 min. Cook: 10 min.
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 2 yellow summer squash (1-1/2-inch diameter)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon, crushed
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Trim stem end from beans and arrange in eight bundles. Slice squash
- into 1/2-in. slices; hollow squash slices to within 1-4 in. of
- edges. Place beans through squash rings.
- Place bean bundles in a steamer basket. Place in a saucepan over 1
- in. of water; bring to a boil. Cover and steam for 8-10 minutes or
- until crisp-tender. Meanwhile, in a small nonstick skillet, saute
- garlic and tarragon in oil for 1 minute. Remove from the heat.
- Arrange bean bundles on a serving platter; drizzle with garlic
- mixture. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Yield: 8 servings.
Nutritional Facts: One bundle equals 43 calories, 2 g fat (trace saturated fat), 0 cholesterol, 78 mg sodium, 5 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 1 g protein. Diabetic Exchanges: 1 vegetable, 1/2 fat.