Joyce Turley of Slaughters, Kentucky shared a presentation for fresh green beans that is so pretty, it could serve as the centerpiece for your dinner table! Bundled in yellow squash rings, the beans are seasoned with a drizzle of garlic and tarragon.
Recommended: 17 Ways to Love Green Beans
- 1 pound fresh green beans
- 2 yellow summer squash (1-1/2-inch diameter)
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1/4 teaspoon dried tarragon, crushed
- 4 teaspoons olive oil
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon coarsely ground pepper
- Trim stem end from beans and arrange in eight bundles. Slice squash into 1/2-in. slices; hollow squash slices to within 1-4 in. of edges. Place beans through squash rings.
- Place bean bundles in a steamer basket. Place in a saucepan over 1 in. of water; bring to a boil. Cover and steam for 8-10 minutes or until crisp-tender. Meanwhile, in a small nonstick skillet, saute garlic and tarragon in oil for 1 minute. Remove from the heat. Arrange bean bundles on a serving platter; drizzle with garlic mixture. Sprinkle with salt and pepper. Yield: 8 servings.
Originally published as Green Bean Bundles in Light & Tasty December/January 2005, p17
Reviews for Garlic Green Bean Bundles
Please Log In or Join to add a rating and review.
Click stars to rate
Any changes to your rating or review will appear where you originally posted your review